Food trucks and dessert vans from four of the region’s most well-known local brands, Anthony’s, Dick’s Drive-In, Jenny Cookies and Trophy Cupcakes are hitting the road this December to spread holiday cheer and raise money for Mary’s Place No Child Sleeps Outside campaign.
One of the many things these local businesses have in common is that they are all lead by mothers. “It has been such an incredible year of ups and downs,” said Amy Burns, Vice President of Operations at Anthony’s. “We really want to spend time giving back this holiday season and it seems right to team up with other moms leading beloved local businesses to make that happen.” Anthony’s Restaurants has been especially impacted by the shutdown of indoor dining both earlier in the year and in the most recent restrictions.
“Our families have faced unexpected challenges this year, not the least of which for me personally was running a business with young remote learners at home,” said Jasmine Donovan, President of Dick’s Drive-In Restaurants. “We can’t even imagine what it must be like to go through all this year threw at us without a safe place to call home, trying to do remote learning from a car or a tent.”
“At Trophy, we believe every day should be a celebration,” said Jennifer Shae, Founder of Trophy Cupcakes. “Everyone is looking forward to the end of an exhausting year. What better way to welcome the holiday season and a bright New Year than to enjoy delicious food and incredible desserts while also helping those in our community who are most vulnerable?”
The Care-A-Van will be joined on New Year’s Eve by Jenny Cookies Cookie Metro Truck. “This year has made us realize more than ever what kind of impact we can make on others,” said Jenny Keller founder of Jenny Cookies. “At Jenny Cookies Bake Shop we’ve continued to keep going despite the unknowns and the uncertainties because we are so much more than just a cookie. We are grateful for the opportunity to close the year helping Mary’s Place and children in our very own community. We believe in not only spreading buttercream, but also happiness and hope to as many people as we can. The best is yet to come!”
The Holiday Care-A-Van will serve specialty items from each of our iconic Northwest businesses with 10% of the sales donated to Mary’s Place No Child Sleeps Outside campaign. Please join us as we spread holiday cheer and raise funds for families in need at the following locations:
- Saturday, December 5th: 4-7PM Port of Everett’s Holiday on the Bay Drive-In Theater at Boxcar Park 1200 Millwright Loop West, Everett, WA 98201
- Thursday, December 23rd: 3-7PM at Lake Boren Park, 13058 SE 84th Way, Newcastle, WA 98056
- Thursday, December 31st: 5-8PM at Ashton Apartments in Bellevue 10710 NE 10th St. Bellevue WA 98004
If you can’t make it out to one of the Care-A-Van stops, you can still help:
- Purchase a No Child Sleeps Outside 4-pack of cupcakes from Trophy Cupcakes online for pickup or delivery. Learn more at TrophyCupcakes.com
- RoundUp for Charity at any Dick’s Drive-In location in December. All donations go to the No Child Sleeps Outside campaign. Learn more at DDIR.com
- Visit the Mary’s Place website to learn more and to make a donation.